Here’s Why It’s Best to Take CBD Oil Everyday February 20, 2019 – Posted in: Other
Being consistent with your cannabidiol (CBD) oil doses maximizes the natural balancing properties of the cannabinoid and the effectiveness of the body’s endocannabinoid system.
Once absorbed by the body, CBD interacts with the cannabinoid receptors of the endocannabinoid system, a signaling network responsible for regulating and maintaining balance among an array of body processes. Cannabinoid receptors are found on cells in the immune system and the central and peripheral nervous systems. When activated, the receptors stimulate a chemical response designed to keep our functions balanced. An effective endocannabinoid system promotes homeostasis by controlling functions like appetite, sleep, mood, pain response, and immune response. Studies suggest that these balancing effects could be beneficial for treating conditions like epilepsy, anxiety, chronic pain, autism, and Alzheimer’s disease.
With that said, many benefits of a highly functioning endocannabinoid system are not fully experienced right away. CBD, like all cannabinoids, build up in the body over time and can even stimulate an increase in cannabinoid receptors. With more cannabinoid receptors, the endocannabinoid system becomes more active and more sensitive to stimulation by cannabinoids. Consistently taking a “daily dose” of CBD oil helps maintain a sustained level of CBD in your system and promotes an effective endocannabinoid system.
Some CBD oil users have found that taking a serving of CBD oil 2-3 times a day is even more ideal. The full effects of CBD may only remain for 4-12 hours, depending method of use, dosage and body size.
Those who rely on the compound’s healing properties understand that maintaining a stable CBD level by taking CBD oil products regularly may increase the effects of the cannabinoid and the effectiveness of the endocannabinoid system as a whole.
Here are 5 ways you can use CBD oil daily:
- Skin health: Using CBD oil topically can help address a wide range of skin problems; from wrinkles, rough skin, to acne. CBD is a rich source of antioxidants that can help reduce the damage caused by free radicals, which causes the skin to age faster. Some people even think that CBD oil is more beneficial for the skin than vitamins C and E. Additionally, CBD also helps decrease oil buildup in the skin and can effectively treat acne which is caused by inflammation. To enjoy the benefits of CBD oil for the skin, add a few drops into your night cream, moisturizers, or apply directly to acne to kill infection and inflammation.
- Heart health: Consuming CBD oil daily as a supplement may help prevent heart disease while supporting overall cardiovascular health. CBD-rich hemp oil contains omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids which can help reduce blood cholesterol levels, lowering your risk for heart disease caused by elevated blood cholesterol levels. If you have already accumulated plaque in your arteries, the anti-inflammatory properties in CBD can help prevent the plaque or thrombus from doing any further damage to the blood vessel.
- Pain relief: For people who suffer from pain on the daily, even if it’s minor but frequent, consuming CBD daily can provide significant relief without the side effects of painkillers. CBD oil may be applied topically to the affected area, or you can also ingest it. Massaging CBD oil into the affected area can provide relief while increasing circulation and stimulating tissue. If you suffer from headaches and migraines, gently apply some CBD oil to your temples at the beginning of the day to prevent headaches later on. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil are effective in treating pain by reducing swelling and relaxing muscles. It can even be applied directly to treat pain from virtually anything; from minor abrasions to a twisted ankle. While it’s generally not recommended to apply CBD oil on broken skin or an open wound even if it has antibiotic properties, it can be applied to sore areas, bug bites, bruises, or areas that are painful due to arthritis.
- Stress relief: Most of us are prone to stress on a regular basis; whether it’s due to the challenges of parenting while juggling work, a toxic job, driving in traffic, or any other reason, these stressful factors can affect everyone to a certain degree. Instead of turning to alcohol, cigarettes, or pharmaceutical drugs to deal with stress, just use CBD oil to help you cope. Using CBD oil regularly can help you achieve psychological balance while dealing with stress and anxiety in a healthy way. Small doses at the end of the day can aid in the release of tension while protecting you from damage caused by stress and free radicals.
- Better sleep: CBD has neuroprotective properties, and if you haven’t been getting quality sleep this can not only make you feel like crap at work but it can also affect your brain. This is the reason why we experience brain fog after a night of tossing and turning. It is also thought that the reduced quality of sleep as we age is a contributing factor to neurodegenerative disease such as dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s. A report published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information revealed that animal subjects experienced less sleepiness during the daytime when they were medicated with CBD. Even if THC has been associated with better sleep and treats insomnia, CBD is equally useful in helping to keep you alert even if you’ve been deprived of sleep.